Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm home



Well, I got home from my fantastic trip to Arizona to visit my sister yesterday afternoon. The flight home was nothing special and I passed the time listening to a book on my Ipod. What a shock when we stepped out of the terminal and it was COLD, DRIZZLING and already dark and it was only 4:30. I wanted to turn right around and get back on that plane and go back. I already miss everyone there. It was so nice and special to be able to see my family that has relocated to Arizona and of course to get to meet and play with Ethan and Hannah.

I spent the day today putting things away and doing some odd laundry. Then I decided since it was so gloomy out I'd start decorating for the holidays. The little tree is up and all I need to do is figure out why the lights in the middle of it are off. It's just a little table top tree but I love just sitting with the lights on and watching TV. A few Christmas decorations are out and more are waiting to be put in place tomorrow. I know I'm jumping the gun but why not do it while a person has the time. I came home with this cool talking parrot that my sister Karen gave me so he's the new "pet" in my house. So I placed him on the entertainment center last night and turned him on. He talks and I can also record things for him to say. Anyway I forgot about him there and when it was time to go to bed I shut off the lights and then jumped when he started talking. I have to remember that he's there.

While I was on vacation I made my sister a great purse. I have to admit it turned out really pretty and she's thrilled with it. I was also able to show her how to make pillow cases so I hope she gives them a try. We also did criss cross coasters. I had such a great time just hanging out at her house. This was the best rest I've ever had and boy did I need it. I'm now totally refreshed and feel like my old self again. Thanks Karen for a wonderful time.


2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time.

Karen said...

It sounds like you are passing your sewing talents on to your family. What fun!