Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A great weekend


I'm just finishing up a wonderful 4 day weekend. I'm going to be sad going back to work tomorrow. I did so many quilt related things in my 4 days it was wonderful. My weekend started with a sewing get together with the other ladies that work in the quilt shop with me. It was nice to be included since I'm so new to the shop. We had a great time and that's where I started this quilt. It's called Jellying around and I used a jelly roll from the Quilt Diva line. I just love the bright colors and how it turned out. In the end I had to piece together the borders but that's OK because I used every bit of fabric that I had.
Saturday was the Madison Quilt show and it was really good. I got the chance of a life time and that was to help Eleanor Burns out with her show. I got to be a quilt holder and that was so much fun. I went after the show and bought her latest book, The Victory Quilt. I can't wait to get started on it. The show was great and I picked up a total of 5 patterns and a kit to make a witch for Halloween. I also picked up 4 fat quarters of the sock monkey fabric. Sunday I worked at the quilt shop and then on Monday night I worked at the shop again for the end of the season tailgate from our QFL challenge. Lots of fun there. Today I've been washing and of course finishing up the top to the Diva quilt. I can't wait to load this one on Jen's frame and quilt it. Then it's time for my next project. Happy sewing everyone.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilt. Nice and bright.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

What a great quilt. I love the fact that it's so bright.
I love it when I can either use all the fabric on borders or to piece the back.

Jen said...

OMG, that look awesome! Great Job mom!! I love how you did the borders!!! Way to go!

Regina said...

It's a great quilt - and I loved Jen's stories of the quilt show! You make a great quilt holder!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

How much is that doggy in the window? Yep, I saw the video! How much fun can you stand? Chance of a lifetime and I'm so glad you took it!
Regina

Moneik said...

Wow! Love the quilt and it is so bright and cheery. We saw that line in Sioux Falls when we were there. Mom got enough for a purse and I made a bag with it. I figure out my yardage for a quilt in a similar pattern. When I get a few more done, I'll have to make it.