Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy National Quilting Day

It's been so long since I last posted I almost forgot how to do it. I haven't been doing all that much sewing lately but it's time to get back into the swing of it. Winter has been rough for me with my asthma but I'm on the mend, finally. I have been reading and keeping up with what everyone has been doing on a daily basis.

Last night I discovered that my good friend is turning 50 on April 2nd. I could have sworn she was only going to be 49. Sooooo I had to jump into action and figure out what to get her. In the end I took Jen's advice and decided it's time to make her a new quilt. Pictures to follow in the next week. I have until the party on April 4th so plenty of time.

The little sewing I've been doing doesn't really amount to much. A few pillow cases and for St Pat's Day I made a great table runner. I ended up using it on the inside of my door and it looks great. The pattern I have has a runner for each month so it's time to get going on Easter before it's here and I'm late.

I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Happy National Quilting Day. Go out and quilt something today or atleast do something nice for your machine like give it a good cleaning. Enjoy the day and I'll keep my eyes open for what everyone is doing on this great day.

I was going to post a picture of my St Pat's wallhanging but I just spent all kinds of time trying to find the picture in my computer. I think it's time to get all my pictures ORGANIZED.

3 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Perhaps your right and she's wrong. My dad invited a bunch of friends over for a 60th only to rediscover he was only turning 59...BRAIN FART I GUESS!!!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Cindy!! Its so great to hear from you!! I haven't been doing much sewing lately either except some uniform pants.. ick. Yesterday I sew a little.. Folded some fabric but it felt good.

Moneik said...

Sounds like it's time to get back in the groove so you are all ready for quilt retreat! Only 30 days!!! With any luck I'll have a snow day this afternoon and tomorrow, so I can start getting ready! 15"-20" predicted!