Sunday, October 18, 2009

Barn Hopping





Today was just a wonderful day in the world of Cindy. This afternoon Jen and I went on a Quilt Square Barn Hop in Walworth County. It was a beautiful sunny day and just a tad on the cool side. Off we headed complete with a map, a list of the addresses for the barns we wanted to see and of course a GPS. The directions were relatively easy to follow and we had no trouble coming across our first barn. I was so excited because I hadn't seen these on barns around Wisconsin before. It was a great block. We also talked to the barns owner a wonderful woman who explained how she was on the committee that got all of this started and how they went about picking out their block and the colors for it. She even explained how it took a huge front end loader to lift the panels up high enough so they could be attatched to the barn. While we were visiting this farm we also got some Indian Corn and a couple of really pretty and different looking gourds. I'm a little leary about hanging my Indian Corn outside because I have a squirrel here that will for sure steal it and take off with it. He likes to sit at my livingroom window and stare in at me in hopes that I'll give him something.

I want to just show you a few of my favorite barn squares and of course a cow that I made friends with. She even licked my finger and I wasn't expecting such a rough tongue. We did have one farm dog, very gentle, who did stand up at the open car window while Jen was taking pictures of their block. We didn't want to get out of the car because of the dog so the dog came to us. All in all it was a wonderful day. Thanks Jen for taking me along on the adventure.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I had a blast, I'm so glad we got to go!!