Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Mom Turned 90


Back on October 2nd my Mom turned 90 years old. What a milestone that is for anyone but for my Mom it meant alot. Three years ago after her heartattacks we didn't think we'd ever make it this far, but here she is still going strong. I just wanted to share her picture with everyone. Just think of all the things that happen in someones life by the time they are 90. She was married to my Dad for 65 of those years, another feat. Mom has 6 kids and 15 grandkids and countless greatgrandkids. Some of us were able to go out to dinner with her for her birthday and tomorrow is another party for her. So Mom, here's to many more years to come and many more birthdays that we'll all celebrate with you. I love you.

My Mom is the one where I got my love of quilting from and she also inspired my daughter Jen and look at the quilter she's become. Mom no longer sews because of her vision but I know just looking at her that she'd love to still be doing it right along with Jen and I.

5 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

90?! I never would have guessed. Your mom looks great. Best wishes to her for many more happy birthdays!!

Barb said...

How wonderful. Treasure every minute!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

She doesn't look a day over 29. Many more years of good health, being sent your way.

Jen said...

When is she leaving for Arizona? I've got to see her before then!!!

piecesofpatti said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! 90! What an accomplishment to be 90 and look so good. Enjoy each other!