As most of you who follow my blog know I'm a dog lover. I had to put my Murphy down last January 4th. Since then I've been going back and forth between do I want another dog or don't I. If I get one what kind do I want. The only thing I knew for sure was I wanted a female and her name was going to be Maggie Mae. I've searched the Humane Society web sits around here on a daily basis and I knew that once the right little face came up I'd know it. Well, this morning I was again checking the site and taaaa daaaaa. Up came a little face that just yelled to me. Within half an hour I was walking in the front door of our Humane Society. I was there to see if the little girl they were calling Lizzie was still there. She was and right now she's asleep in the livingroom in her new crate. She is part Terrier and part Labrador Retreiver. She's fawn colored and was born on October 15th and she weighs in at 9 pounds. She's just adorable. So far she's played with toys, thinks running around the bottom of my Christmas tree is really fun and can find her food and water bowls. OK so she doesn't like to walk on a leash but that will come with time. Right now she's just getting used to my house and me. She thinks it's really cool when you lay on the floor with her and she can crawl all over you. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my newest family member. We go for our first vet visit this afternoon and then of course to the pet store for a pretty new collar and leash and a couple of toys......Merry Christmas to me.

12 comments:
How wonderful! Congratulations on the new addition to the family!! :) (Such a sweet face...)
So happy for your new addition to the family! So, Is she gonna be Maggie Mae, or Lizzie? She is a cutie either way. Merry Christmas!
Wooohooo I can't wait to meet her later!
Oh Cool! I was soooo hoping you would get another baby to spoil rotten! You saved a life today! You got yourself a new best buddy! Very very cool!
Oh! And she's just adorable too! You need to get Jen to take a baby pic of the two of you....for her baby book!
I see what you mean by "one look at her face"! We did the same thing last January. Our pup is more spoiled than any dog we had before when the boys were at home! Enjoy!!
Ohhhhh, she's adorable!!!
What a cutie pie! She looks like she is having fun already! Merry Christmas!
How adorable is she!! Keith and I got a new Kitty about a month ago and she is definely Keiths baby. Lilly doesn't like her but that will come with time we hope.. Shes another Calico like the older 2 Thelma and Louise.
Have fun shes adorable
How absolutely wonderful that you have a lovely puppy! I'm so glad you found a fur baby. Merry Christmas!
Congrats on your new addition to the family. I am sure she will bring a lot of joy to your life!
What a sweet face! Much happiness wished for you and your new baby.
Post a Comment