Sunday, December 20, 2009

We saw Santa


Last night I decided that I needed to take my Grand-dog Holly to see Santa and have her picture taken with him. I emailed Holly through her Mom Jen's email address. I waited and the response was yes she'd love to go. Jen made her a new Christmas bandana with what else on it but Holly Berries. Off we went to Pet Smart. It was a really good deal you got a digital picture that is about a 5X7 in a really cute frame all for $9.95 and $5.00 of that goes to local animal shelters. We were the next ones in line so she was busy looking around while we waited. OK, it was her turn. So far not too bad. The "Elf" took her up to Santa. The "Elf" gave her a treat, I'm thinking so far so good. Until Santa put his hand on her head. Her eyes just about bugged out of her head, she was so scared. Then Santa asked if she wanted to sit on his lap? Was this Santa on crack?????? No way was she going to sit on his lap. She didn't even want to sit next to him. We got her in position, Jen quickly moved away and snap went the picture. I think it turned out really cute. It even looks like she's sticking her tongue out at us. Next up we took her shopping in the store but nothing really caught her eye. She did meet up with several other dogs and they talked over this whole Santa thing. Then the fun really began. Holly was trying on winter coats. She is now the proud owner of a great pink winter coat. It's made out of waterproof material and was cozy flannel on the inside. She just loves it and just walked all over the store with it on. I asked Jen when we got to the check out if we could just run her across the scanner but she took the coat off of her. All in all it was a pretty fun day and I even got some time in sewing with Jen and Holly.

No comments: