I've decided to go ahead and start a quilt with a few of my on-line buddies. So far it's Linda, Regina and Patty. I know more will join in as we go along. I think I read Jen is going along sort of. Anyway I thought this was a good way to start to use more of my stash. I'm going to be making my quilt using Christmas fabrics. I didn't keep track of how much of my stash I used last year but I know it was quite a bit. My cabinet has some pretty good holes in it. I might end up using a few more pieces as I go along, maybe some white on whites to set a few pieces off. I've got a couple of other quilts that I want to cut up and get started on too. I'll just get everything ready and in project bags so I can grab and sew when I've got time.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
An Online Quilt
I've decided to go ahead and start a quilt with a few of my on-line buddies. So far it's Linda, Regina and Patty. I know more will join in as we go along. I think I read Jen is going along sort of. Anyway I thought this was a good way to start to use more of my stash. I'm going to be making my quilt using Christmas fabrics. I didn't keep track of how much of my stash I used last year but I know it was quite a bit. My cabinet has some pretty good holes in it. I might end up using a few more pieces as I go along, maybe some white on whites to set a few pieces off. I've got a couple of other quilts that I want to cut up and get started on too. I'll just get everything ready and in project bags so I can grab and sew when I've got time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I might even do it the normal way...now that I realize that I can pick fabrics and it doesn't have to necessiarliy be scrappy.
I am so glad that you're joining us! The Christmas fabrics will look great for this.
Good job! Let's get sewing those blocks up!
Post a Comment