Sunday, March 23, 2008

I've turned into a Junker


On Saturday with the help of Jen and Michelle I went to two more Goodwill Stores and ca me home with three more lamps and one more lamp shade. Now thanks to Michelle I'm hooked. All total for the weekend I spent a total of $14.95 and I have three really pretty crystal lamps and one very heavy wooden lamp that goes with with another lamp that I already owned plus 2 lamp shades. All the glass ones took was a little elbow grease. The taller of the two in this picture we took completely apart because once I cleaned the outside the inside really needed it too. What a difference it made it just sparkles. The little one we took apart also and at first we thought the base was plastic but when we took it apart to clean it, it too was crystal. Now all I need to find are matching lamp shades and a place to put them all. The wooden one just needed a little wood polish with a cleaner in it and it's fantastic. All of the lamps work just fine with the three larger ones all being three way lamps.

We had so much fun this weekend with Michelle and Louie and it was sad to see them leave last night. Yesterday the three of us ran around from quilt store to quilt store with a stop at a huge Ben Franklin we have that has just about every craft a person can imagine. They have the best fabric department with alot of Moda's and other great name brand fabric lines. When we got to Patched Works I bought another piece of a bitik that I'll be making another Miranda out of. That will be in another post complete with pictures. We drove along and laughed and sang our little hearts out. At one point we were having pie in honor of Jill's birthday. Jill you really enjoyed your pie.

So now look out ladies who knows what else I'll find on my next junkin run.



Happy Easter everyone.




7 comments:

Hazel said...

Those thrift stores are very addictive .I usually go in and buy a bag of books for a couple of dollars ,I'm set for a week .Enjoy your finds .

Carla said...

I love thrift stores! I don't shop at them these days as much as I'd like because of time restraints but a friend of mine goes every Saturday. She pretty much wears a different outfit everday to work for practically nothing. Her students think that she's rich! If they only knew!

Kristie said...

I love your new lamps! I love junk shopping!!! We have a few places here like that. I saw in town the other day were they are opening a new place up called "The Mission Attic" or something like that but it is a junk store. I can't wait to see what they have.
Kristie

Moneik said...

Sounds like you three had a great time shopping and found some wonderful treasure. Thrift shopping is always fun!

Michelle said...

It was good fun!!!

Michelle said...

You can bet from now on, whenever I see a crystal lamp, I will think of you, and have to decide whether to buy it for you or not! I might have to call and ask! Oh, yea, we need to get some for Jen, don't we?

Jen said...

I still can't believe that you not only went into a thrift store, but bought 4 items!!