Jen had already been in contact with our travelers and they were coming anyway. I called Michelle later and they were still on the road making slow but steady progress. They finally arrived safe and sound. Next we waited for Jen who got off of work at noon. She had terrible ride home because our plows were no where to be seen and yet it was snowing and snowing hard. Finally my door bell rang and when I opened up the door there I saw Jen and Holly. Jen was exhausted from her walk to my apartment. Now keep in mind she lives two buildings over from me. Her car had gotton stuck in her driveway and Mike had to come and get her out. Then she decided to walk to me it would be easier NOT. She came what she called across country and she was exhausted from tromping through the deep snow. By this point I think it's safe to say we had a foot of new snow. Oh I wish I had taken a picture of her then. She was covered in snow, she was using an ice chopper as a cane to help her and like I said she was exhausted and soaked because the snow was so wet. Holly on the other hand had a great time tromping through the snow to my house.
Next up we decided it was time to get something to eat so out we went. Louie was such a good sport and he drove. After our late lunch we headed over to our local GoodWill store. Now this one has been open for about a year and I've never been in it nor in any other GoodWill stores around here. That was fun. I picked up that lovely very heavy glass lamp for my livingroom complete with the shade and all for only $3.99. All I did to it last night was take Windex and clean the outside of the lamp. It looks so pretty sitting on my table doesn't it? From now on I'm going to be checking out the other thrift stores around here because I could really
use a few more lamps. So for my first "junkin" experience I think it went really well.
Today we're going to pick up Michelle and go to a few quilt stores in the area. Louie is going to go play pool all day at one of our local pool halls that he found last time they were here. Hopefully by tonight I'll have a few more pictures to share of our adventures.

8 comments:
Have fun today. I am with you...ever so SICK AND TIRED of this snow!!!
I'm sure you must me tired of all the snow, but it looks so pretty! I'm sure I would feel the same way if we got as much snow as you do there.
I love the lamp! Such a wonderful buy! I just love bargins like that.
Kristie
Hope you had a great time today! I too am tired of the snow and wish it were truly spring.
The lamp is very pretty and such a good price.
Oh my! It looks so cold! I'm glad that it doesn't stop you from having a great time with Jen and Michelle (oops-can't forget Louie!). Hopefully spring will REALLY get here for you soon.
The lamp is gorgeous i just love it .The snow ,well you keep it all down there we still have lots .Please don't send it my way LOL .
Quite a buy on the lamp. Enjoy your weekend!
Amelia in Oklahoma
What a great lamp.. I thought the picture was supposed to be of the snowmen at first.. LOL. Be safe in the snow
Heather
Glad to hear Michelle and Louie made it safe and sound. Sounds like you got quite a bit of snow. We're as dry as a bone here.
Post a Comment