Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm such a klutz, update

OK , we all know that I'm a klutz and last weekend at retreat was no different. For those of you who weren't with us I had a slight mishap coming down from the top bunk. OK I misjudged and down I went. The fall was nothing it was the sudden stop once I hit the floor that was the problem. So bruises everywhere but they really don't hurt. The ribs are the problem. The ride home was uncomfortable to say the least. At one stop Jen got out a pillow and a quilt from the back and I was then able to press those against my ribs to hold them in place. Can you say ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Tuesday I went in for what seemed like dozens of xrays. I personally don't think the x ray tech was very good at her job. It was then determined that I needed at CAT scan of liver and ribs. I had that today and am waiting for the results. I'm OK if I don't make any sudden moves or pick anything up. No problem, I can pamper myself.

After the CAT scan I stopped at my local quilting store and picked up a few notions. When I got home I thought I'd sew a little finishing up the tote bag I started Sunday afternoon. One serious problem here, I didn't have my big machine. Tracked it down at Jen's so instead I took a nap. I've been putting things away little by little. Putting things away after a trip isn't half as much fun as getting it all ready to leave on the trip. I'm now counting down the days until our next Quilting with the Peeps weekend. Everytime I think of the weekend it makes me smile. Now when I read a post I can see the persons face and hear their voice.

I am also starting a list of what I don't need to take along next time.

6 comments:

Jen said...

When do you find out about the cat scan? I have a hc and hilite tonight so I won't be home till 8 or so but Mike had said he could bring your machine if you wanted him to.

CatQuilter said...

Perhaps your boo boos won't hurt so much if you keep looking at your new toys! Keeping my fingers crossed that the CT scan is a-ok.

Regina said...

I hear ya - I can pack so much lighter next time! Maybe light enough to fly instead of that long solo drive. Either that or I need to find a peep-to-be near me so I have a driving partner.

Hope your bruises heal fast and that there is nothing serious inside...

Karen said...

So sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Things like that happen so quickly that you have no time to react. Hopefully, you just bruised your ribs. It will still be painful, but the healing time will be a lot quicker! You take care girlfriend and keep us posted. Hugs.

Linda said...

I hope you're starting to feel better, Cindy. That was a terrible tumble for you to take. You were great about dealing with it at the retreat though...and with no alcohol in your system either! Please keep us all informed about what's going on.

Jennifer said...

I am just catching up on your blog and am so sorry to hear that you've been in so much pain. I hope they have you on good drugs and you recover soon!