Our trip to retreat started last Wednesday when Jen, Sherry and I left around 1:30PM. I was the only one who had to work in the morning but I had taken my things over to Jen's the night before so we could start to pack the truck. I left work and off I went to meet up with my fellow travelers. We were so ready and it's really something how much we took with us. So, like I said off we went. First stop was at Speed Way where we topped off our gas tank. Then it was off to a quick drive through at Mickey D's since we hadn't had lunch yet. Look out Ohio here we come. We did have a list of stops that we wanted to make and the first one was at Mar's Cheese Castle to pick up cheese curds. There was going to be a taste testing of New York Curds and Wisconsin Curds. Back in the truck and time for some serious driving. Our next stop was at a huge Oasis since I'd never been to one. Wow those places are cool. I actually bought a fine piece of "china" from one of the fast food places. I'll give you a hint it has a certain clown with big red shoes and a giraff on it. Then it was a stop at Auntie Annie's pretzels for a cinnamon pretzel. Back in the truck we went and off we went. The drive went very well and we stopped in Indiana at a great little quilt shop called Bit's and Pieces. Very friendly ladies who own the shop greeted us and really made us feel at home. Back in the truck and away we went again. It was so great to see all the trees in full leaf and all the flowering trees in full bloom. The grass was green the tulips were open and it was warm. There is hope for our weather yet. A couple of more quick pit stops and one of them had to do with a hand dryer that really moves the skin around. Jen has the video of that. Finally we were in Ohio and close to Jill's. We pulled in around 10:30-11:00PM. Jill, Moniek and the Ninja's were outside when we got there. It was so nice to finally get to meet Moniek. She had flown in earlier and it already felt like I knew here for ages. We went inside and just sat and talked and most of all laughed. Finally went to sleep in the wee hours of the morning.
Next up Day 2

1 comment:
It was such a fun trip down!!
Post a Comment