Next up was a pair of pillow cases from some sock monkey fabric that I had been sitting on for a while. I think they turned out really cute and I can't wait to use them.
A while ago I made quite a few cloth books for the babies in Arizona. Those got mailed out and then Jen gave me this one to make since I had been on a roll. Well I finally made it today so I can take it along with me. These are so easy and fun to make I think I'm going to see what other ones the stores have. Maybe I can add a few for Christmas. So far I've been able to find them at my local WalMart.
At the last minute I decided that I needed to make a larger bag to carry all my toiletries in. I use two pieces of batiks that came from my friend Sherry a couple of weeks ago. I think the bag turned our really nice and it's going to be very useful.
Last but not least I made a tote bag for my Mom who is also going on the trip with me. Well, actually I'm going with her. She needed something lighter than the big heavy bag she usually carries on the plane. I had these great batiks that I had been sitting on for a while and decided to use them. There are 4 different fabric patterns on this bag. On the front she wanted a large pocket to put her air line ticket in. I added the two buttons to the flap so she would be able to feel where the flap is since her vision isn't the best. I also added a large zipper to the top so her bag would be closed up tight. I took lots of pictures of this bag but just couldn't get the colors to come out right. It's very right looking in person.
Next up I'm going to make myself a few new watch bands to take along and hopefully tomorrow morning I'll run to the Patched Works to buy some more fabric for pillow cases so I can make a few to take along for my sister. I've done alot of sewing in a short time yet I've enjoyed every bit of it.


4 comments:
All of your projects look great! I'm so glad you're getting all this sewing time in.
Love it all! Have a great trip, you lucky girl!
Wow! You have been busy! I love the totes you made for you and your mom. Have a great time!
Dang Girl, you are really producing some great stuff. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment