Sunday, April 27, 2008

The big move is over

Friday was the end of the big move. My sister and I worked later on Thursday night finishing up all kinds of little odds and ends. Kit got their early on Friday to let the movers in. This was one of our best ideas we've ever had. She said it took them only 3 hours to move Mom out of her apartment. We had everything boxed and when they came in they bubble wrapped all of the furniture then covered it with moving blankets and out it all went. Now it goes into storage and they will crate everything and put it up until we call to say she can get in her new apartment. I'm so glad that phase is done. I think it gives a whole new meaning to my a-- is dragging. I'm still trying to recoop from a solid week of packing. I have a few things in my car yet to get out but not much. Friday night we went out to eat and Jen joined us to celebrate. It's going to take a while for my back and knees to recoop but it was for a good cause. We'll be all rested up by the time she moves into the new place and we're hoping for July 1.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Hope all goes well with the move it and that it comes quickly! Congratulations on getting everything ready and moved out!

Maureen

Carla said...

What a relief for you to be finished! Now, kick back and relax. Enjoy that new sewing table now that your machine is recessed (saw it on Jen's blog).

Moneik said...

So glad to hear you got the packing and moving all done, at least for now. We are helping my brother and his wife move the next two weekends, so we'll be busy!