Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pillows



It's been a long time since I've posted so here I am again. Things have just been moving along so quickly that I can't keep track of time. We had another stop in the ER with my Mom. It's been a week since she was there and I can say she's on the mend. She fell in her apartment and has to compressed vertebra. She's in a back brace and staying with one of my sisters. In the next couple of weeks we'll be packing her up and moving her out of her old apartment and then soon into her new one. Times are exciting but tiring.


I've been trying to do a little sewing but these last couple of days nothing has been happening. Last weekend we celebrated my best friends birthday and I made her a couple of pillows. If any of you remember I tried making her pillows for Christmas but they just didn't turn out. It turned out it wasn't me but a mistake on the pattern. I bought a pattern at a quilt show and the pillows turned out great. I have learned something about pillow forms though, when you put them into your pillow case they don't fill out the corners. Next ones I make I'll stuff batting in the corners first and then put the form in.


5 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Those pillows are so cute. They remind me of the criss-cross coasters EVERYONE seemed to be making near Christmas time.

I hope your mother is on the mend soon.

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, I sure hope she is ok. I love your pillows, so cute! I've had the same problem with pillow forms.
Kristie

Jen said...

I'm so glad that the pillows finally worked!!!

Moneik said...

I love the pillows! They are so cute. Hope your mom is feeling better.

Hazel said...

Sorry to hear about your mom ,hopefully she will be up and feeling better soon .The pillows are great ,what a nice gift.