Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rug, 1st 100 Feet





I started out the other day making a coaster, then it was going to be a bowl and now I've decided it's going to be a small rug. I'm going to keep going until I run out of the three fabrics that I'm using. So here are some pictures of the first 100 feet of rope and it comes out to 18.25 inches of rug and growing. I really enjoy these projects because you can sit and mindlessly sew. The most time consuming part is the wrapping of the fabric on the rope. It seems to take forever to wrap a strip that is 45 inches long and then it takes probably 20 seconds and you're done sewing that strip. I like the colors and I'm hoping to get it somewhat bigger to either use by the front door or in the kitchen by the sink. Right now I figure I'll get another 100 feet on it if my fabric holds out.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Love the rug! It would go so good in my bedroom, since it is blue and yellow!
Kristie

Karen said...

Now that is going to be one cool rug!

Hazel said...

How did you stop it from curling up ? Its very pretty

Three Birds Inspired said...

Great colors and look how flat it is laying! That usually is a problem when they get really large.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love it! Mine started to get all wonky but you've got that FABULOUS new sewing table and all that flat space! Lucky girl!
Regina

Moneik said...

It looks wonderful! Such a fun and yet simple sewing time. Gives you lots of time to day dream and not make mistakes. Glad to see it is getting so big.

Amelia said...

Love the color combination. The pattern on the fabric may not have been first choice if making a quilt...but it looks great on your rug.

I just may have to try to make one. Yours is inspiring me!

Amelia in Oklahoma