Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4th of July Tote Start to Finish





One of my fellow Peeps wanted to know where I've been lately and what I've been up to. I've been busy sewing.


A quick update on the last two projects I posted about. My Mom absolutely loved her chair pads and they fit her chairs perfectly. We celebrated Marge's birthday and she loved her new tote bag. It's always puts a smile on my face when I give someone something I've made and they truly like it. Both projects were a success but I didn't think to take pictures of the recipients.


Soooooo here are a couple of pictures of the latest Charm Party Tote that I just made for myself. I had picked up this charm pack when we were in Ohio. I decided I needed a new purse for the upcoming holiday. I changed up the pockets and did some decorative stitching on the handles using a star design my machine has. I put ties on the sides to help to shape the bag and sewed in a clip so I won't keep loosing my keys.

Next up I'm making myself another purse and then I need to put the binding on a baby quilt and binding on a wall hanging. I want all of these finishes done by the end of this week. Pictures to follow.

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay! You HAVE been a busy beaver! Way to go...pics and everything! Rock on, Cindy!

piecesofpatti said...

Way to go Cindy! Nice bag!

Jennifer said...

You're rockin' on those Charm party totes Cindy! I have a charm pack that I need to put into one too...one of these days!

Linda Lee said...

I am so glad to find another quilter who enjoys making "smaller projects"! I am a new quilter and each project I make I am learning more--Before long I will dive in to do a large quilt. Until them I am doing-baby quilts, tote bags, purses, and table runners.