The other day I showed pictures and talked about how my two sisters were taking my Mom to Arizona to visit the third sister. So far they are all having a wonderful time. So in the wee hours of Tuesday at exactly 2:30AM my phone started to ring. Now if any of you are like me and the phone rings after 10 you automatically think someone has died. So I look at the caller ID and it's my sister Kitty and all I could think of is what happened to my Mom. I really didn't want to answer the phone but finally I did. There was a long pause and I could hear someone sobbing and someone laughing. Now I was really worried and very wide awake. Finally my one sister gives me her full name and starts to laugh. They were up celebrating my sister Karen's 64th birthday. See in Arizona it was only a little after midnight. They thought I should have been there with them so they called me. That was very sweet of them but it scared the daylights out of me. Then Kitty proceeds to tell me that Karen is all depressed because she's just turned 64. For those of you who don't know I'm the youngest of 6 and I'll be 56 this year and my oldest sister Diane is going to be 71. So Kitty tells me how sad Karen is and how she even went out and either jumped in the pool with her clothes on or they pushed her in I'm not quite sure what. So I told her to let me talk to Karen. By this time I told her just to suck it up and move on. They had started out earlier in the day with 20 oz margaritas because it was Cinco De Mayo. They kept coming up with plans like I should hop on a plane and join them and then the best plan was all about how when Diane turns 84 then we should all go on a cruise together. Then when Karen turns 84 either Diane will be too old or she'll be gone so she won't be able to go along. Then when Kitty turns 84 Karen will either be too old or gone so just Kitty and I would go and then when I'm 84 I'll be cruising alone because Kitty will either be gone or too old. I guess you had to hear that conversation but let me tell you it was a hoot. Plus they kept saying they lost me and I' would yell no I'm right here so they'd hang up and call me back. This went on until almost 3AM. Now I get up for work at 5:30 but I was so wide awake I couldn't go back to sleep. I so wanted to call them when I left for work just to wake them but I didn't.
So I was telling Jen this and she was surprised at what they did calling it "drunk dialing" gee I didn't know they had a term for it and I guess it doesn't matter how old you are as long as you're young at heart anything goes. I'm so happy that they are having such a great time together. Hopefully next time they do this I can go along. They've been laughing since last Saturday morning when their plane landed. I just wanted to share with you all that it doesn't matter what your age is, it's what's in your heart and their hearts are filled with fun and laughter and love.
So, that's the kind of family I come from. We always used to ask my Dad when we were all grown up what it was like to have raised a bunch of "simple" kids and he'd just smile and shake his head.
4 comments:
You and yours are all just too funny. It explains a lot about Jen....ehhehehheheheh...ahahahhaha
Regina
Oh what a funny story but the phone call would have scared the crap out of me to .How nice that they included you even though you couldn't be there .Now you get to plot how to pay them back LOL
Oh How funny! I can just see this happening in my family, only my parents would be doing the drunk dialing. I've had to stop them numerous times when we've all had a little too much to drink. Glad to hear they included you.
Love it - sounds just like my family in many ways!!! Keeps us ALLLL young!!
Post a Comment