Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moving Update

Well the big moves are over with. Mom is settled in her new apartment and all that is left to do there is hang pictures and rearrange her storage locker. She is finally staying there and her new home is great. It's a retirement complex and everyone there is so very friendly. Last Saturday they had a big breakfast and we were invited to attend. They introduced Mom to everyone and they even had a cake welcoming her. We then did a little more unpacking and putting away. Then it was on to Jen and Mike's move. There move was hampered some by them not being able to get in when they were promised. Things moved along slowly but finally it was time for the furniture to be moved and things started to take shape. Lots of maneuvering had to be done around all of the huge rain storms that we had all week. This made for a very soggy move. As of last night I think everything but a few things from their garage has been moved and now it's time for the big unpacking and putting away. Their town house is fantastic. It's huge and I've never seen so many closets in a place before. My fun part is running in the basement and watching the washer do it's thing. I sure do love that glass top. Last night Jen told me to bring one of my guilts over and a blanket to use the huge washer. In the end I went home with the quilt done and it' turned out great but the blanket was still in the dryer but I knew if I stayed any longer I would be asleep on the couch. Today I'll clean some here and then go to see what I can do to help. Once it's all finished it's going to be awesome and I'm sure Jen will put up pictures on her blog. I can already visualize quilts hanging in the stairways. There's so many places to hang quilts and she certainly has enough of them to hang.
Off to do my own cleaning and laundry so I can help out at the kids house later. Don't worry I haven't forgotton about the 4 sided placemat tutorial.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wasn't worrying about the placemat tutorial, I was worrying about you. Good to hear from you!
Michelle

Hazel said...

Sounds like you have had a busy time ,hopefully it will slow down a bit .You can relax now with both your mom and Jen settled into their new places .Do something fun just for you and no ,watching Jens washing machine doesn't count LOL .