Thursday, December 11, 2008

Asthma, Bah Humbug

Well I've been down and out due to my asthma since Tuesday. I had two unreal attacks between Tuesday and Wednesday. I've been doing nothing but sleeping moving from my bed to the couch trying to build my strength back up again. In the process of the second attack I pulled some muscles in my lower back from all the hard coughing. A while back I had gone to the DR for a back problem and got some muscle relaxers and pain killers and didn't use that many of them. Today or actually last night I started taking them faithfully Since I'm taking them that means I'm not doing much and still not back to work. This is a bummer because I hate to let others down. I thought I'd try a little sewing today but enough is enough. Besides I don't think it's such a great idea to sew with those drugs in me who knows what I'll produce. Christmas is getting closer and I'm so far behind I don't know if I'll make it or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have severe asthma and two of the medicine the FDA wants to ban is on the list. I am asking that anyone that has or has known someone with a lung disorder please contact the FDA and let them know that all Americans with any disorder or disease be allowed to continue living life best they can with the current medicines available and not to ban them. Banning even one of the medicines I take can reduce my daily life by as much as 50%

All people with asthma need to gather together and say "ENOUGH!"

http://www.fda.gov/comments.html

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Hope you feel better soon. Gotta admit it may well have been interesting to see what you'd of come up with sewing with all those drugs in ya.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

I agree with Carol. Who knows maybe you can create something special that everyone wants to make. lol... hope you get to feeling better soon.