Sunday, February 10, 2008

No sewing again today

Well I didn't sew again today but tonight after a nice long nap I got a burst of energy and attacked my sewing area. I sew in my livingroom and it drives me crazy when it's a mess even though it's usually just the dog and I. I have two rolling carts with drawers and I went through those first. I took out fabric for projects that I had in there that I know I won't be doing for a while and put those things in project bags. Got all of my BOM's together so that I have an idea on what I need to do to catch up. Took out all the fat quarters that I had been aquiring and put them in the fat quarter containers. Then it was time to go through all the bobbins, scissors and other sewing tools and get that all straightened out. Now with all of that done all I have to do is wait until one day when I sit down to sew it doesn't make me queasy.

I'm been watching movies ever since and listening to the wind howl outside. Our temperature took a dive down and it's now 0 degrees. The wind is wild out there so I'm glad I'm not leaving the house on Sunday. OK I'm off to try and finally get some sleep. Maybe tomorrow I could try cutting something simple out.

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I am so bad about being organized. I don't really have a system. I did go thru all my scraps a while back and cut them to useable sizes and store them all in containers. That's as far as I got. I should try harder. Have a great Sunday......
Regina in MI

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I am the same way cindy I want to sew but have done nothing. Perhaps because I know I have 500 other things to get done. I'm making a great dent in things though. Ihave almost run out of boxes Though... so I need to pick up some more.

Maureen said...

I'm glad you felt a little better and that you are staying in with this cold snap.

Impressive that you organized your workspace. I still need to get that done one of these days.

Kristie said...

Take it easy and rest up, hopefully you will feel better in a few days. When do you go back for a check up??
Kristie

Hazel said...

Oh my ,you are putting me to shame LOL . I'm almost finished hand quilting the Sue Bonnet until them my sewing room will be a mess .Glad you are feeling better .

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. I like to be all organized. It makes quilting so much more appealing and somehow helps my creativity come out.

Moneik said...

Glad to hear you felt like organizing. Sounds like you got a lot done. Hope you feel better soon so you can start sewing again.