Sunday, August 30, 2009

Peaches and Dreams Start to finish DONE

A while ago" ONE I" challenged Jen to make a scrappy quilt. I of course was sucked into making one too. Now we all know I'm not a scrappy person when it comes to quilting so this was something TOTALLY out of the box for me to try. I checked all my scraps and decided the biggest selection of scraps I had were all in the purple family. I put all the purple scraps in a box and set it next to my sewing chair on the floor. OK, I got brave and pulled out the first scrap. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but the next move was a real challenge for me. Next up I had to put my hand in the box again and pull out the next piece. If I wanted this to be totally at random I had to do it this way. Out came the second piece to be sewn to the first and all I could think of is what had I gotton myself into. This went along for the entire middle of the quilt. Could it be I was actually relaxing and enjoying my new scrappy quilt? The more I put together the more I couldn't wait for this to be done. I stood back and loved the middle section but to me it needed some punch for the first border. Some of the purples I had did have a little red in them and I had a great piece of red with a tiny pin dot of white in it. The first border was born and I couldn't wait to finish the top. Now I love the whole scrappy thing and of course I love this pattern and can't wait to make another one. Of course the top is finally done and had it's picture taken and I still have enough purples to make a scrappy back of I think ten and a half in squares.






4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Cindy! It's awesome! I love it and more importantly...I'm glad you love it! Look at you living outside the box! Way to go! I've made two so far....but I love that pattern so there may be more in my future.

Jen said...

It turned out awesome. I've really got to get to work on mine!!

piecesofpatti said...

Looks fantastic! You did a great job!

Moneik said...

It's awesome! I need to get on mine, but when I started cutting it was so daunting I quit. Maybe I just need to pull and cut a block at a time.