Monday, February 22, 2010

Introducing " The Maggies"




A while back I think it was late summer I finished up a quilt kit that I had that was called Maggie Mae by Me and My Sister Designs. It's a nice bright quilt but I have to admit I made it because of it's name. I love the name Maggie Mae and I knew I had to have the quilt. As part of a present to me Jen quilts so many tops for me each year. I got it from her last week and sat down and finished off the binding.

As most of you know my puppies name is also Maggie Mae. Today I decided to take some scraps from the quilt and make her a patched works bandana. It turned out really cute. My next thought was to put the quilt on the chair, position the dog with her bandana on the chair and take a picture of all three Maggies. Not so much. I'd get her all set quickly step back and bammm off the chair she'd go. I think this photo shoot may have to be another day and with help. This is as close as I got. Check out the quilt on the chair you can atleast see her tail in the picture.

Use your imaginations and picture the dog sitting on the quilt, I tried......

5 comments:

Jen said...

OH MY GOD that little bandana is friggin adorable!! I LOVE it. You've got 2 maggies in two pictures...I think that counts as three total Maggies! Eventually the fool will lay on the quilt and you can snap your picture.

Kim said...

Too cute!! Love the bandana idea! I love the bright colors in your quilt! Congrats on the finish! Im sure in no time Maggie Mae will be posing on it no time :)

Barb said...

That is cute....

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I hadn't even noiced the tail in the first picture. Sooo glad you finally got your picture. It's always funny to see the picture you've actually taken after so many ill attempts. A couple weeks back I tried to do the same with Kiwi on the couch and I actually missed her completely in the one shot.

The bandana is super cute!!!

Linda said...

How precious is that! And you know that I love the name Maggie Mae too, even though my pup is just plain Miss Maggie. The quilt is really pretty and that bandanna is perfect! Love to both of you!