I've been very busy sewing lately and always forgetting to blog about it. Anyway, a while back I decided to join a group at our local quilt shop The Patched Works, in a block of the month. Now this isn't just any ordinary BOM, this one is going to run for 3 years. We're doing the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler . The first Wednesday of each month you go in and they demonstrate and talk about the 4 blocks that you will make for the month. You get a challenge fat quarter that you can either use or not in your blocks and the patterns for your 4 blocks. I had been digging in my stash since I decided I didn't want to have to buy new fabric. I've pulled together alot of blues and yellows that I'll be using. This months challenge fabric was green. All but 1 of this months blocks were paper pieced. I have to admit I'm really enjoying that paper piecing of these blocks. I love the precision it give your blocks. So here is what I've accomplished for my first month.
Block 1 - Nine Patch (E1)
Block 4- Square and Star (D-5)


3 comments:
Mom your blocks are OUTSTANDING!!!
Your blocks are great!. Haven't gotten to any of my new years projects but have a huge list.
FibroQuilter says,
Your blocks look great. I would definately take the paper off the backs as you complete each block :)
Post a Comment