Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wisconsin Barn Blocks







I've joined up with a group of quilters who are doing the Wisconsin Barn Blocks that are put out weekly by my daughter Jen, Crea8tive Quilter. She's been going around and finding the Wisconsin barns and photographing them and then working them up in EQ. So far all the ones that I've done are paper pieced and I was a little afraid of it but not anymore. So here are my blocks that we've made so far. Please excuse my wonky looking design wall. I don't have room for one so I took a piece of batting and draped it over a quilt hanging in my livingroom. They don't hang the best and in places you can see the quilt behind them but it's that or the floor.



The top block is block 5 Churn Dash


The second block is block 6 Wild Goose Chase

The third block is block 4 Spinning Spools

The fourth block is block 3 Milky Way

The fifth block is block 2 Square in a Square

And last but not least is block 1 Log Cabin.

Like I said I've had fun doing these and look forward to each Wednesday when the next block comes out.



5 comments:

Barb said...

Those blocks are wonderful!

Three Birds Inspired said...

They look great!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

They look awesome, Cindy! I'm still not doing these yet. Paper piecing freaks me out! I'll get there with Jen's help though. Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

I'm so proud of you!! Your blocks look amazing!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very Colorful!! Can't wait to see when your all done.