As most of you know who read these blogs Jill is involved in a huge quilt retreat the weekend of April 18-20. I know that Jen is planning on going and I'm not sure if anyone else is going. So I got this idea this morning when I read Heathers blog about making a quilting cup that weekend. How about if we organize and on line quilt retreat for those of us who are unable to attend the one that Jill has going? I can't leave Murphy for any length of time so I'm pretty much an at home person and I know some of you are pretty far away. This gives us plenty of time to get ourselves organized on line. Throw your thoughts out at me and we'll see what we can come up with. So quilters start thinking about what projects you'd work on that weekend. Tell your families that you're " ON RETREAT" that weekend even though you're at home. Cook ahead meals that they can heat up themselves. Get those machines oiled, cleaned and ready to go. Let me know what you all think? If nothing else I'm going to be "ON RETREAT" that weekend here.
We can keep in constant contact on the blogs that weekend posting pictures of what we're doing. Maybe start out with a picture of everyones sewing area when it's time to start. I definetly am going to look into buying one of those quilting cups that Heather mentioned.
10 comments:
Great idea! Can I join in?
I'm in
Me to
I think it sounds like a great idea! I can do online, but with the kids and hubby, I just can't bring myself to leave them. Somehow I don't think they would survive without me very long. I will have to sit down and think hard on what I will work on.
Kristie
Great idea, Cindy! I hope that you get a lot of takers on this!
I'm definately in Cindy! I think it's a great idea. I don't know how much time I'll be able to commit with the wedding so close, but it might be the best stress reliever I could find. I'll think of something to do.
I'm in
I'm glad you are starting to feel better from your cold.
I'll have to work out what I'm going to do
love and hugs xxx
Thats a great idea, count me in! I am sure I will need baby feeding breaks but I should be able to get a bunch of sewing done! I'll have to come up with a project...maybe a Judy Martin pattern....I'll have to look through my books!
Deb (vtquilter)
I will let you know...I am working on said quilt room so I can participate! Did you notice the picture of Emma? I'm getting fancy with this here blog stuff. :-)
But are we going to have to call you to make sure you're sewing????
Post a Comment