Sunday, January 6, 2008

Beauty shop of horrors

Let's go back to Friday when I went to m y regular stylist to have my hair cut. Anybody that knows me knows that I always keep my hair short and it's been highlighted for years now. OK so my stylist, Kathy, and I are talking away and I don't pay attention to how short she's really cutting my hair. I just commented that there was alot of white hair that was falling off. When she was done and I put on my glasses my hair is so short and it's spiked. I have absolutely now highlights left. Kathy says well next month we'll need to color again. Now let me just say I hate my dark hair with a passion. The older I get the darker it gets. I also use the highlights to help cover the white ones that are multiplying by leaps and bounds. That brings us to today when I was with Jen and my sister Kitty. They both look at my hair and tell me it's spotted on the top. Next thing I know we're in a store buying Miss Clairol to color my hair. This makes me nervous because about 35 years ago Kitty highlighted my hair for me and we were drinking manhattans. By the time I went home my hair was a platinum blonde and I didn't realize it until the next day when I got out of the shower. Off to a stylist I went and had her cut until she found dark hair. OH my what a sight I was. Jen kept telling me to trust her. OK on went the "professional" rubber gloves. She read the directions and on went the dye. Wait 10 minutes, maybe we should give it 5 more minutes. OK now it's time to rinse it off and I swear she tried to drown me in the kitchen sink. It turned out really good. It's all one color and a little lighter here and there but boy some white ones really stick out. Now I have dry clothes on, my hair is dry and it's still really really short. But in the end it turned out OK.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see a picture! You can't just tell us and not show your face!!!!!

Hey, I'm the queen of short hair. It will grow faster than you think. So, are you forgiving, or or you shopping for a new stylist?

Cindy said...

Oh I'm forgiving but next month I'll be specific as to what I do and don't want done. It's so short I may have to start wearing a hat to keep my head warm.

Jen said...

Yeah it's REALLY short. It's Michelle Short! But hers was sticking straight up and only the tips had blond one them. It was awful. So now it's dark and darker than she likes but at least she no longer looks spotted. I told her maybe when it grows a bit we could throw in a highlight or two.

Oh, and sprarying her in the face with water was frigging hilarious!!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I'm with Michelle. I need to see a picture.

Kristie said...

That is why I hate going to a stylist. I cry almost everytime that I get something done. I'm sure it will look fine in a few days after you get more use to it. Hopefully, it won't take too long for it to grow out a little.
Kristie

Karen said...

And then there are some of us who don't have hair problems because we have none...lol...Hugs

Hazel said...

Oh dear I know how you feel with me its my bangs I don't allow them to cut them after a bad experience .It will grow back ,and it always seems worse to us then the others .Go ahead and spike it you may like the new look ,I've seen lots of women with that style .I've learned if you want a inch off tell them 1/2 a inch , they can always cut more but they can't put it back on .

Moneik said...

Oh I so want to see a picture. Come on let us see the new look. Maybe Jen has found a new profession!

Maureen said...

I agree with everyone please post a picture of your new do! I know what you are saying about color...mine never stays as I am a natural redhead and our hair does not take color well nor does it stay well.

Okay I wish I could have been there when Jen "sprayed" you in the face. I don't think she was trying to....right Jen???? LOL. Okay when my Mom had to wash my hair as I had a surgical procedure and couldn't I can't tell you how many times she "accidentally" sprayed me in the face.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

You've been TAGGED. Check out my blog for details.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

The last time I had my hair cut the lady said "let me layer it, it will look cute" (my hair is all one legnth makes ir easier to manage for work) I tried to tell her no she layered it anyway saying that it would frame my face and look fuller and that the shortest layer would still pull back into my bun for work.. NOT. I haven't cut my hair since unless you count trimming the dead ends.

Heather