Tuesday, January 1, 2008

How I spent my day


I had decided that today I would just sew things that would make me happy. I wasn't sewing for anyone just for something to do. Michelle had made a mitten trash bag for her car and she was kind enough to share the pattern with me. Here are my first two of many that I made. The blue one was the first one that I made and next up was the black one and I don't think you can tell but it has hearts on it that are made out of candy canes. This was such a fun project to make. Next I'm going to see if I can make one in the shape of a heart for Valentine's Day. What a fun day sewing I've had so far.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

How cute , love your mittens .I've been thinking about making one for my car .What is on the part inside the draw ,is it just straight fabric or is there something there so it doesn't slip out .

Darling Jill Quilts said...

They are so cute! Congrats on finishing something for yourself!!!

Jen said...

Giggle, just how many did you make??? They're adorable!!

Kristie said...

I think they are so cute! I would have to have tons of them, my boys are very messy in the car!!!
Kristie

Michelle said...

Good job, Cindy! I love them! If you click on the picture, it opens to a large picture, and you can see the details really well! I'm glad you had fun making them!

Maureen said...

Wow are they cute! Once I read the comment about the fabric I looked harder adn I could tell that it was candy canes...CUTE!

If you figure out heart ones you will have to share with all of us how you made them.