I had a call this evening around 7 and it was my mom and she was all worked up about her sewing machine. She was having trouble threading the machine and needed help. I told her I'd be right there. I only live 3 miles from her apartment so off I went. It seems she was trying to thread the machine and kept missing the last three places that the thread goes. She has macular degeneration so it's hard for her to see but she's determined that she needs to sew. Anyway I got her retheaded and she sat right down to sew again. She's working on project linus quilts and she's so happy doing it but she's really pushing herself. She wants perfection and she isn't there yet but she'll be there soon. She used to be able to sit and sew all day and she so enjoyed it. You can just see how her mind is going and she's starting to think of other quilts that she can do. It does give her something to do all day. By tomorrow she'll have two tops finished and ready for more.
-Cindy (Peony the House Elf)
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Giggle. I'll have to stop there after work to get her tops and put the borders on. Maybe I should come home first and get her some more kits from your house to start on.
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Ladies, that is awesome that your mom/granma is that determined to sew! It is inspiring what with the macular degneration and all!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Does she have a large magnifying glass? I remember that is what my Grandma Opal used. She had one that she carried in her apron and another that had a movable arm on it that attached to her sewing machine. She moved it down in place and looked through it to see to sew. Kristie
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Cindy, How happy you must be to see your mom so excited about something again! Kristie's idea about the magnifying glass is a good one! Sleep well...God is so proud of you and Jen! Michelle
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment