Thursday, August 23, 2007

So much for lists

I had a list yesterday of three things that I wanted to accomplish today. OK so I only did the first one, I forced myself to go to work. Now sewing and no grocery shopping. My day started off shakey when I got a call from my Mom that she wasn't feeling good could I come over. The good thing is she lives 5 minutes from here. I got there and she had just taken one of her nitro pills. She has angina attacks and last winter she had three heart attacks so we really keep a close eye on her. She's now tucked away at one of my sisters houses and is being watched like a hawk. Jen and I stopped over there tonight and she does look much better than she did this morning. Kitty is a great nurse so my Mom won't get away with anything. It's been one long day so I think as soon as my wash is done it's bed time. Better luck tomorrow getting things done. Also, the rain can stop here any time now or I'm going to have to start to build an ark.

-Cindy (Peony the House Elf)
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
We live in a rain forest...no arc needed!! LOL. Ohh, you went with me to get a button, that should count for something.
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
I'm glad your mom looks better ,you can never be to careful with heart problems .Don't concern your self with your list I guarantee it will still be there tomorrow .I've tried leaving mine but the darn fairy never comes in and does it for me .
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I sure hope your mom gets to feeling better. Heart problems are so scary! Richards grandmother had a couple of heart attacks last October and they rushed her in for surgery. The doctor came out and told us that she wouldn't live through the night...Now she is just as spunky as ever. She is 87 and gets around better now then she has in several years. Keep us informed on how she is doing... Kristie
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MaureenQuilts
I'm glad your mom is being taken care of by Kitty and I am glad she is feeling a little better. I know what you are saying about building an ark...as it was just Emma and I home today I mentioned to her something about an ark and getting a male springer spaniel...ohh hold on she was spayed...so much for her needing a male dog. LOL Hope you feel better! I know what it is like to be tired...I feel exhaused all the time lately. Ohh well I keep looking on the bright side Autumn is coming :-) Maureen
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - I know what you mean
Posted by born2quilt
I too started my day with a couple of things I needed to do but only got to do a couple. It is hard working nights. Even though I may have off two nights, it feels like only day off. If I work Tuesday night then I have to sleep Wednesday unilt around 2pm. There goes my first day off. Then I finally have off the next day...thursday. But back to work the next day at 7pm so it only feels like one day off. UGH! Steph
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
I'm glad your mom is looking better, Cindy. This darn weather has made my joints hurt so bad this afternoon and evening. It seems for the last week or so...or more....I have just been so tired, but it must be the weather, as others on this blog have complained of the same thing. The full moon is about upon us too. Hopefully, Saturday will be nice and we can get outside. I'm hoping for a nice motorcycle ride...up north maybe? Hmmmmm....
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - healing thoughts
Posted by take2quilter
to your mom and YOU from smoky California...we could use some of that rain to clear the air and put out the huge fire! Hope your mom is well soon and you are refreshed and have your energy back to keep up with Jen! jaja
Permanent Link
Friday, August 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
I hope the rain clears up. Or moves over here to sunny and HOT Cincinnati. We are still in a moderate drought even though northern Ohio is getting a TON of rain. I am just tired of standing in the heat and humidity and watering the flowers! :(
Permanent Link
Friday, August 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
Hi: Glad your mom is feeling better and yes there is always another day. I'm also tired all the time must be the weather and the exercise. It's very hot 40 in the city today. Hugs Mary Ann
Permanent Link

Laptop Computer

No comments: