Thursday, August 16, 2007

Project Linus

I just wanted to update everyone on how my Mom's sewing went today. I talked to her before I had my little nap. She was very upbeat and didn't need any help tonight. She had been sewing most of the day and has one top completed and the second one is together but she realized she sewed the last two rows together wrong and has to take out that seam. I told her I'd come and do it tomorrow night for her if she could wait. She'll wait for me because Friday she said she needs to "clean'. Hopefully I can get her borders on and then take pictures of her latest two tops to post. For someone who hasn't sewn in 20 years, has macular degeneration and age degeneration she's doing pretty darn good. I can see where Jen gets her sewing stamina from.

-Cindy (Peony the House Elf)
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
I look forward to seeing the pictures!
Permanent Link
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
How wonderful ,she is probably having a great time .I hope she meets some new quilting Friends when you have the meeting .It will probably change her whole out look .
Permanent Link
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
That is sooooo great! I'm glad that she is getting back in to sewing. My grandmother used to sew daily but after my grandfather died 5 yrs go, she hasn't sewn. She just sits there, we have offered to go up there and cut her pieces out and stuff, but she always comes up with excuses. Kristie
Permanent Link
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
good for her! I'm sure time goes more quickly when she has something to do. Rhoda
Permanent Link
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Ohh, if you do go over there; if there's time can you put the borders on? The bindings are done and then we could take them with us on Saturday to drop off. How Cool!! Don't forget to take the pictures so we can upload them to one of our blogs.
Permanent Link

No comments: