Thursday, December 20, 2007
Christmas Coasters
For the last couple of nights I've been in Christmas coaster mode. I've finished a total of 23. Yeah I know it's an odd number but I still have a few more to make. Once I was done with that I wanted to start on the Kennel hanging that I was going to make for my grand-dog Holly. I had the panel and just couldn't find it. So now that my sewing area is straightened up I found the panel and all that I still have to find is something to use as a border and a binding. It's like the one I made for Murphy's eating area with cartoon type dogs on it. It's going to be hung probably inside her kennel for her to look at. Then it's on to putting together a quilt top for Murphy and a few other assorted Christmas presents. I have high hopes for the weekend where sewing is concerned. I hope the rest of you are winding down too. Of course then I have to decorate the tree, clean my apartment, grocery shop and do a little shopping and then of course wrap a few things and Christmas can happen. This year I decided to make a few of my gifts and keep things simple. I feel much better about that. I haven't been in any big stores and not a single mall and I'm a happy camper. I have however spent quite a bit of time in quilt shops picking out the right fabrics for my gifts. While I was straightening up my sewing area I came across a few things that I will finish after the holidays and put aside for next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm done, I think.
all Christmas sewing sewed, all food bought, all oresents bought and wrapped. I'm now stessing out because I'm sure I've forgotten something.
love and hugs xxx
Good for you, Cindy! I like your approach to getting ready for Christmas this year. We ordered a lot of stuff online which has kept us out of the mall. Next year, I hope that I can have more handmade presents to give following your "gift-a-month" plan!
Done? I'm not done I'm no where near done. I wave the white flag though. I give up.
I'm done too! I have a few to wrap, but I seriously am done with making things. I am even starting the bridesmaids quilts because I have nothing better to do! Glad to hear you have gotten so much done.
Post a Comment