Today was our Christmas luncheon at work. We always have a great time and really good food. We were all in the festive holiday mood which made it alot of fun. I was at Walgreens the other night and picked up a holiday hat. If you're familiar at all with the Grinch there is a character, Cindy Lou Hoooo. She wears this little hat with what looks like a pipecleaner coming out of the top like a spring. Well now I own one of those hats. On the tip of the hat is a white ball with two jingle bells. That was my head gear for the day. One of the other ladies in the office brought in an assortment of other things to wear. She had an elf hat on and I know that for next year Jen and I are going to make those. One of our other ladies had on a headband with a small Christmas Tree on it and another was a reindeer with antlers and ears. The reactions from everyone who was us was priceless. For the first time I saw my boss laugh and all she kept saying was she wished she had a camera. OK let me back up a bit on my hat. People everywhere always call me Cindy Lou so of course the Cindy Lou Hoooooo fit perfectly. After the lunch our boss gave all of us a popcorn tin, you know the ones with the different popcorn flavors in it. He had picked out two special ones. Mine had puppies on it and another ladies had kitties on it. His wife is such a sweet heart and she always makes each of us a box which of course she decorates and then inside are all kinds of goodies. She makes a great hot cocoa mix complete with the marshmellows and cinnamon hearts, always an ornament of some kind and candies. She's got to start these way in advance because she makes usually around 47 of them for our company plus she makes them for all kinds of people. Needless to say she's a stay at home wife with no kids. But we all look forward to her Christmas boxes. I hope to be able to take a picture and post it. This year she baked a few things for the box too. A little bread of some sort, cookies and a cup with nuts. Sometimes it's too pretty and you don't want to open it but we all do and of course we dive right in. For the next couple of days all we do at work is eat. Alot of the companies that I deal with and our buyer deals with send us all kinds of goodies. We're very big on tins of cookies, different candies, nuts and of course cheese and sausage boxes. We just put out a few goodies each day and it disappears.
For the first time since I've worked there they are going to have an after the holidays holiday party. On January 26th whoever wants to go will get together and we'll have dinner, a DJ and of course a gift exchange. It sounds like fun and since I get to take someone with me I think Jen is going to go with me.
I'd better get back to my sewing. I'm doing assembly line sewing of coasters for gifts. They aren't hard to make but they do take sometime. One of our ladies is off for the next two days so she got hers today and she was thrilled. So here's my question for all of you. When you give a gift of coasters, how many do you give?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I usually figure 4 is a set; pushing it with 6. Shrug.
I've got to see a photo of you in this hat! It sounds soooo cute!
When I make the coasters for gifts I always make 4. I think 4 is plenty to give as a gift.
Kristie
I do four also and do them up with a nice ribbon .You owe us some photo's just got to see your hat LOL
I would do either 4 or 6. whenever I've bought coasters ( yes I know shame on me) they all seem to come in sets of either 4 or 6.
I'm with the others. we need to see a picture of you in the hat.
love and hugs xxx
I figure 4 is a set, but I've been know to give 2 to a couple or last year I gave each person at work one, they could keep it on their desk at work and there was no reason for more than one. Plus I didn't want to do too much for them.
I did 2 each for co-workers this year. I agree with Moniek - that was enough for the co-workers. And I hope that we get to see a picture of you in that hat. The after the holidays holiday party sounds like a good time!
Post a Comment