Saturday, December 1, 2007
Snow, Snow and more snow
Today is our first significant snow fall of the season. Our weathermen were predicting snow to start here around noon today. Well, since I don't trust them at all I didn't believe them. Over to my sisters I went to pick up my Mom to take her for her haircut. After that was done we stopped at Big Lots. I don't know if any of you have those in your area but what a different store that is. You name it and they have it and really reasonable. We must have looked around for two hours. We each bought a few things and when we were checking out I looked out the windows and the snow was just starting. Wow our crazy weathermen were on target for once because they said noon and it was 12:20. Off we went and our next stop was to have lunch and then to run a few more errands. By the time we were finally on the way to my house alot of snow had fallen, the streets were slippery and I was using my 4 wheel drive. It;s now 9:30 and it's not snowing anymore but now it's sleeting. I'm so glad tomorrow is Sunday and I'm home. Mom is spending the night and her and Murphy just went to bed. He likes to sle ep with her for a while and it's good because he listens to make sure that she is OK. I haven't written about her lately but we're having trouble with her blood pressure again. They've added a couple of more pills to try to bring it down. It likes to spike at night. Did I also mention that I want to make sure she's warm enough here so I have the livingroom heater on and the bedroom heater. It's cold out, it's snowing and sleeting and I"m sitting here quietly typing and I"m swetting. Oh well back to my chores I've been working on. Everyone have a safe evening whereever you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You were quite the busy girl too, in the bad weather. Try to have fun and take it easy today.
I sure hope your mom is feeling better, I'm sure that keeps you very worried. Since I don't have cable or satelite tv I have to get my news from the computer or the radio. It sounds like you all got quiet a bit of snow. I can't wait until we get our first snow here. I love the snow and we all get snowed in the house together. I love our family time.
Kristie
Do you remember the old days when we went to Grandma & Grandpa's and needed to take shorts with us all winter?!?
We got our first major snow last night. It actually is still around! We're predicted to get 6 more inches tonight/tomorrow.
Animals have to sense things. This weekend Thelma would come up and touch my face and meow and when I acknowleged she was there she would go lay back down. Mom said she was making sure I was ok and letting me know she was still there
Post a Comment