Friday, November 30, 2007
Kick off to the Christmas Season
I was sitting in the livingroom deciding what it was I was going to do tonight when the lightbulb over my head went off. For me I officially declared today the start of the Christmas Season. Christmas music will play, decorations will go up and of course Christmas sewing will be finished. So this Christmas and to celebrate the season I made myself a nice little cocktail. My idea of a nice drink is simple. First you have to start off with a really pretty glass. I have a couple of what I call special drink glasses. I only use them for drinks, not soda, never milk. In goes a few ice cubes. OK so I need to refill the ice cube trays because it's been so long since I wanted ice that it's all evaporated. I did have a tray in the freezer that is from Tupperware and it has a top on it so I still have some ice. Next in goes my spirts which in my case is whiskey. Not just any old whiskey it has to be Jack Daniels, black label. Next in goes some diet squirt, atleast 3 cherries on a stick and tonight I topped it all off with a slice of orange on the rim of the glass. How very festive it looks. So I sat in my livingroom and toasted the start of the holiday season. Now it's time to get off my butt, vacuum the living room and then start my sewing again. HAPPY HOLIDAYS ONE AND ALL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy Holidays to you too Snip!
Happy holidays to you aswell.
My celebrations don't start for a few more weeks yet though.
Bah Humbug
love and hugs xxx
I love Christmas. I don't usually decorate much due to not much energy. We don't exchange gifts with anyone, so that part is easy! However, I DO love the music, the happy people, the lights, the christmas programs and such. Christmas day though, usually is quite a letdown, because I realize that all the anticipation is gone, the lights and music will stop, and everything will wind down. I hate it when I drive down the street and see wadded christmas paper everywhere and trees laying, waiting for the garbage truck. It breaks my heart. So...this is the most fun of the year for me. I am really looking forward to enjoying it!
You have a wonderful christmas season, and I pray that the weather holds out so I can see you next weekend!
Yeah Cindy! I am glad you are in the Christmas spirit! I however am not. It is normally my favorite time of the year but I haven't even considered where to put the tree or anything else. Maybe today's snow will put me in the mood....I don't drink often and sometimes I do drink soda out of my really pretty glasses so they get used! Maybe I should change my tune and find something special to drink.
Take care and hopefully your good mood will rub off on me.
Maureen
Raising my cup of milk to toast you and your holiday spirit! I need to get to my Holiday sewing! :D
Sigh, there's no alcohol in my house to have a holiday drink with. I can't come to your house because it's santa's secret gift shop.
Happy Holidays to you!! I have yet to decorate any thing other than put those window clings in the windows. I have been working on Christmas stocking stuffers but its a slow process.
Heather
Post a Comment