Well our long holiday weekend is coming to a close. I already feel like a little kid who just doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow. I accomplished alot but still have more to go. I was able to get the binding on the first quilt that Jen quilted for me as a Christmas present. I just love it the quilting really does set it off and as soon as I can figure out putting pictures on my blog by myself I'll post a picture. I also finished a door hanging for Christmas and had it layered up and before I could pick it up off the floor the dog got sick on it. I was mad but couldn't yell at him. All I could do is try to wash it and hope for the best. So, in the wash went the top and the batting. Then I held my breath until it went into the dryer. Wow was I amazed when it came out of the dryer. The batting held together great, it was warm and natural and the top just needs to be pressed. Tomorrow night hopefully I'll layer it up and quilt it. The binding is already made and ready to go.
I didn't get the tree up or the house straightened up but I still feel good about my weekend. Now the press is on until it's Christmas. No more slacking and taking naps on the couch. There is serious sewing to be done.
I also went out and bought my Amarillus bulb and planted it today. For those of you who read Jen's blog you know about our family competition and she also posted a challenge to anyone out there who would like to join in. It's always fun. Now we just keep our fingers crossed and wait for the bulb to start growing. Mine is going to be pink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Well hello! I wondered where you had been. Have a great week!
I'm glad the banner came out of the machine OK.
It's horrid going back to work after a good break, never mind Christmas will be here soon
love an dhugs xxxxx
Glad to hear you had such a productive weekend! I wish I would have gotten more done, but oh well, I did get a lot of sleep in.
I hope work wasn't too bad for you today. I know Richard sure didn't want to go this morning. Can't wait to see you Christmas Banner, I'm sure it is beautiful. Sorry to hear about the mess on it.
Kristie
Poor Murphy! Is he okay??? Emma ate a roll of Tums ... just wondering if she was trying to tell us something. Mark suggested that we take her out for a taco...LOL.
Wow you sure were productive this weekend...wish I was that productive.
Maureen
I wish I had read about Jens challange before.. I would have gone and looked for an amaryllis bulb. Maybe next year.
Heather
Post a Comment