Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm FREE, I'm FREE!!

Tonight I went to Jen and Mike and Holly's for dinner. Murphy came along and to my surprise Jen had made me a pair of fleece pants. They are so comfortable all I want now are more of them. I'd wear them to work if I could. Of course for any of you who are into Harry Potter now that she's given "Peony" an article of clothing I've been freed as a HouseElf. I'm going to keep the name though since I've grown to like it. I guess that every now and then Peony could still go to their house and do her magic.


I made a door hanging the other day and brought it along to put on the quilting frame. This is the first time that I've used her quilting frame. It takes a little getting used to but it sure was alot faster than if I would have basted the top and then machine quilted it on my machine. It didn't take long at all and once I got the rhythme down and slowed down it went well. At the end she put on some Christmas music so that I could keep time with the music. That really did help me. Now I can't wait to do another something on the Gracie.





Here's the door hanging once it's been quilted. I have a red and white candy cane fabric that I'm going to use for the binding. Once I get home I'll sit down and get the binding on and then it's ready for the inside of my door. My first Christmas decoration that I'm putting up.

My goal for the week is every night to make a list of atleast one thing that I want to accomplish in my apartment and then get it done as soon as I get home from work. Once I sit down lately I'm history. So for tonight I'm ahead because tomorrow is garbage day so I gathered up everything and it's already outside in the garage waiting for tomorrow morning. Let's wait and see how many days I really do what I want to do. By this weekend I want to be putting up my tree. Next up are a few more table runners. Stay tuned to see how much progress I make.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your pants look comfy, and your wallhanging looks great! Have a great week!

Maureen said...

I want a pair...those pants look very comfy. How does it feel to be a freed house elf??? Also good for you, your wallhanging looks great.

Maureen

Jen said...

I'm so glad you like your pants. I think your wallhanging turned out great!
I just ironed my batting to my ironing board...DUH. So I'll be needing to make a new cover....I'm thinking pretty and Pink!!

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could use canvas? I could get canvas to match my leaders.

Moneik said...

Love the pants! I'm sure they are really comfy. Your wall hanging looks great too.

Carla said...

I just went and put on my most comfiest pans after I got home from work but they're not nearly as cute as yours. I like your wallhanging, too!

Gina said...

I love the Christmas panel.
I'm into making quilty lists at the moment aswell. It's very satisfying crossing things off in my to do book.

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your wall hanging I have that same panel that I am going to use to make placemats for my brother. Infact the pattern is on the south sea imports website if your interested. I also have a bunch of the flannel/ fleece pants and I love them as well.

Heather