Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey, sewing and shopping

I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great day. Mine was a bit different but that's OK. So now what is everyone going to be doing for the rest of the weekend? I plan on doing Christmas sewing. I have a list in my head of the things that I want to do but I was just curious about what everyone else is going to be sewing. I think we all need to stick together so that this Christmas sewing gets done and doesn't become a panic situation.

I know that Jen and Jill are well on their way with their sewing. Now it's up to the rest of us. I need some quick and easy ideas for the ladies in the office so if anyone has any I'd appreciate them. I have my Mother figured out and of course I have a couple of ideas for my daughter then that leaves the dogs and that's always easy.

I have found to that I think I'm stuck on making table runners. It's like all of a sudden all I want to do is create them so I see lots in my future.

OK let's hear from the rest of you.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Cindy,
I think for the ladies in your office, you could make coasters. How fun and easy. You could make one for each holiday, and spring, summer, fall, and winter, so they could pick out one for whatever occasion they are 'feeling'. Also, the kleenex box covers are fast and easy too, and all of these could be used at work. That is just the ideas that popped off the top of my head quickly.
Have a great 'sewful' weekend.
Love, Michelle

Carla said...

Cindy,
I've been reading yours and Jen's blogs and really enjoy your quilting adventures (not to mention the family stories!). I, too, am sewing this weekend for Christmas and am making gobs of fabric luggage tags formy stitch group. they;re easy and people really seem to like them. It's fun to amtch fabric with a person's personality, hobby, or sports team they love.
Carla

Jen said...

Why don't you make them table runners? Or coasters? Or what about those super easy placemats that I saw in my magazine. Not sure if I showed you those yet or not.

Gina said...

I'm not a big Christmas sewer. I have got a few things on the go though. What about potholders for prezzies

love and hugs xxx

Maureen said...

Okay I wish I had an idea or two but I don't. I don't know what to make some of the people on my list...

That said I hope you have fun working on many projects which I am sure includes table runners.

Maureen