Monday, November 12, 2007

Quilt Retreat 2007

Well as all of you know from reading Jen's blog quilt retreat 2007 was a huge success. I had a blast sewing with everyone. It always seems that if you don't sew at home where there are distractions you get so much more done.

I was the first to arrive at Jen's on Saturday morning and her and I waited until Michelle and her husband got there then off to breakfast we went. Once breakfast was over back to Jen's we went to start sewing. I had a successful day. I worked on a table runner and the prep work for it is what took the longest. In the end the actual putting the runner together took no time at all. I'll post pictures later because Jen has them all in her camera. Anyway the only problem I had was the pattern is off in what it tells you to make. I have tons of half square triangles left over. Now I'll have to figure out how to put them together to make another runner. Yesterday I machine quilted it and finished off with the binding. Then I finished off one more pillow that I was making and now once I buy two pillow forms both of my good friends Christmas presents are done. I had Jen drop off my machine tonight so that I can sew during the week. Then again next weekend we'll sew with my niece and my sister Kitty again.

So a HUGE thank you to Jen for having us all over and letting us sew with her. Tons of fun was had and lots more memories were made.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It was SEW much fun, and it was great to meet everyone. Thanks for making me part of the retreat!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Can't wait to see the pictures of your table runner. It sounds like you all had a great time!
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to see your tablerunner. It sounds great.

Kristie said...

I knew you all would have a great time. Your tablerunner sounds like it turned out fine in the end. Can't wait to see it.
Kristie

Jen said...

It was soooo much fun. I uploaded your table runner pictures but I guess I didn't to the pillow ones. I'll get to those tonight.