Friday, December 7, 2007

Cold and 3 Days OFF

It's cold outside and we're going to have more snow tomorrow. I'm already tired of the snow and winter just started. I'm not an outdoors person and I've never liked winter. I'm cold and tired already of tromping through the snow. It's going to be one long winter. If I was a squirrel I'd have a big bushy tail.

So, I have the next 3 days off. I had one vacation day left that I needed to use and there's lots happening at work so it was hard to set a date. I decided I wanted to add it on to either add it to a weekend or day after Christmas. My new boss decided she needs me at work the day after Christmas because she might be out of town, This is getting to be rediculous and I should be able to take my time off when I want it. Anyway on a happy note I added it to this weekend. I have grand sewing plans so I hope all goes as planned.

I started out the weekend at Jen and Mike's for dinner. Mike made so great shredded chicken and we had it on really big rolls. Then I proceeded to take a lovely nap on their couch. When I woke up the two of them and Holly were all in Jen's sewing studio because apparently I was snoring really loud. I'm home now and it's time to cut out a quilt that I want to work on tomorrow. I have a few things that I want to make yet for Christmas and since I sew with Jen I had to break down tonight and tell her what I wanted to make her because I need to work on it tomorrow and I'm sewing with her. We've had to cancel our trip to Iowa to see Michelle and the quilting ladies due to the weather. So instead tomorrow we'll go to the Patched Works for a fun time and then sew at Jen's. I also had a reminder that tomorrow Murphy goes in for a glucose test so we'll see how that is coming along.

Everyone stay in touch with what you're sewing this weekend. Christmas is getting closer.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I'm doing the Chrismas decorating this weekend and finishing off my Christmas sewing, hopefully.

love and hugs xxx

Carla said...

I'm finally putting up the tree and decorating a bit. I have to make a present for my guild's party Thursday night so will have to work on that. It's great that you have three whole days in a row to sew!

Jen said...

Sniff Sniff, I didn't get to take monday off. Seriously what can be so earth shattering about a 401K meeting when you're 31 years old? I mean I'm contributing and really whatever you do differently to it this year is not going to mean a hill of beans to me in another 35 years.

You know, it's no biggie to work on my Christmas present in front of me when I've been working on yours in front of you!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so silly. I had grand plans for lots of sewing this weekend but Friday after having to go into work I came home not feeling so great so I slept most of the weekend away or my one off.. I'm back to work today. I did sew 6 soda can insulaters, 3 tissue covers and cut fabric for a quilt.

Moneik said...

Oh that sounds great! Sounds like you will have a lot of fun sewing together. I always have a challenge when I sew anything for my mom. I sewed a tablerunner and a couple tabletoppers.