Sunday, October 7, 2007

First Machine Quilted Quilt


Well as promised here it is. This is my first quilt that I machine quilted. This is the one that I took along last weekend to Michelle's and did on her quilting frame. I'm not great at free motion quilting as you can see if you closely but it's finished and that's what counts. Today we had a get together at one of our sewing centers, Frank's in Waukesha. Quite a few of us go there for the Friday BOM and they let us come today to sew. I really needed that after all my studying. It was just so relaxing to be able to just sit and sew with no interruptions like you have when you're home. I put the binding on this quilt first since I wanted it to be done. Back about three months ago we did a block exchange during our Friday BOM and these were the blocks that I got. Our teacher Wendy gave us a really quick and easy pattern on how to put them together with the sashing and the corner stones. It went together so quickly and I've had it sitting here waiting to be quilted. It's only a lap size quilt but it's pretty fun looking. This is the first time I've ever used pink in a quilt and I really do love it.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I remember seeing that as just a quilt top. It looks great now it's quilted and bound.
well done on completely machine quilting it.

love and hugs xxx

Nancy said...

Good job! I have yet to be able to say that - that I have machine quilted a quilt. Feels good to have it finished I'm sure.

Jen said...

I think it's great! It's even comfy to sleep under. Speaking of that, where did that picture go? I added it!!

Michelle said...

Your quilt looks fantastic, Cindy! Good job on your first machine quilted quilt!!!!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Congrats on your finished quilt!!! I need to get my butt in gear and finish one of mine. I think that I am too chicken to 'play' with the FMQ!