Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Tuesday night so that means it's movie night

Well, it's Tuesday night so again it's movie night in my world. One of my friends and I like to go to the budget movies on Tuesdays because it's only $1.00. You have to wait usually three months and then the first runs make it there which is no big deal. Tonight we saw the movie called " No Reservations" with Katherine Zetz Jones. She plays a chef in a New York restaurant. Here sister is killed on her way to visit her leaving her niece in her care. It's got great tender moments and lots of fun moments too. It's a definite must see movie either with renting it or pay per view.

Our weather here has been fantastic. It's warm and breezy out and it's the end of October. What more could a person ask for unless I could ask for the rest of the week off and be able to just sit and sew. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

Happy Halloween to all of you. Enjoy the candy while you can. OK surveya question. What is everyone's favorite Halloween candy and what is your favorite memory of Halloween?

10 comments:

Gina said...

We don't celebrate Halloween over here as much as you do in the US. For us Nov 5, Guy Fawkes night is the big one.
Here for Halloween the kids seem to take it as a licence to cause trouble. Most of tomorrow will be spent cleaning up after them .

love and hugs xxx

Jen said...

Wait, I'm supposed to have a favorite Halloween Memory?

My favorite Halloween Candy would have to be Reeces Peanut Butter Cups until I realized I was allergic to them years and years ago. Now it's Twix. Boring, safe Twix. It's the only candybar type thing that hasn't made me itch yet.

butrfly2200 said...

My favourite treat is homemade popcorn balls. Not a safe thing to get anymore unless you know th e person that they came from.
Memory: watching the excitement of me kids when they were little.
:)CArol

Moneik said...

My favorite candy is the sweet tarts. It doesn't matter if it's Halloween skull and bones, eggs and chicks, or hearts. I love those little things. Too bad they're all sugar!My favorite memory is going trick or treating at grandmas and she would take a picture of us. She would take the neighbor kids pictures too. Those were probably the only pictures she took all year, but she loved to take pictures of us in our costumes.

Kristie said...

The movie night sounds like it went great.

My favorite Halloween Candy is....Reeces Peanut Butter Cups. I could eat those things 24/7.

My favorite memory is...watching both of my boys going trick or treating for the first time. It's a mom thing!!!
Kristie

Michelle said...

I like the miniature candy bars. I hate halloween, actually. I don't know why. My mom would make popcorn balls in the kitchen while we were handing them out the front door. Then I'd have to take my little sisters up and down the street, and it was usually cold and raining. Oh, now I know why I don't like halloween.............I didn't get to enjoy it when I was a kid! Well, wasn't that just a cheery comment! Sorry!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I think that my favorite candies are starburst and smarties! But I love the chocolate too. I think that the thing that I remember from trick or treating when I was I was about 7 or 8 it was a hot night and I was whining about being thirsty so my mom gave me a drink of what she had. It was beer. Yuck!

Jen said...

Oh wait, I remembered a Halloween Memory. My parents used to fight over who got to take me trick or treating because they would trick or beer. In our neighborhood if you walked around with a beer mug you'd get refills. One time my dad came home just wasted.

Then we'd go with the whole neighborhood to El Sombrero Mexican Resturant and eat. That was fun.

Bethany said...

Favorite candy? Gotta be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or the candy bars.

Favorite Memory? The time my brother and his friend went as doctor and patient. His friend was the surgeon and my brother was the patient. He was all bloody and gorey. They even had an operating table that they wheeled around all night.

Anonymous said...

That Movie is the cutest I saw it in the theater a while back

Heather