This is a present Michelle gave Jen and I and it's a great cook book. I love to collect cook books even though I don't cook much. I guess everyone has their hobbies and mine is looking at cook books. I did already find a few recipies that sound yummy that I might have to give a try.
This is a picture of all of us that we had taken at our last stop. Jen and I are in the back row next to Michelle and Louie. We had Julie from Patched Works take a picture with all of us. Julie is such a sweetheart. She always makes you feel so welcome to her shop and they really went out of their way to make the shopping trip for the whole group so much fun. I would say from the smiles on everyones faces their were many soon to be new projects that went back to Iowa. Julie was sweet enough to have refreshments set up downstairs for all of us and we each received a goodie bag from the shop. In there was a piece of fabric and a pattern for a challenge square. I can't wait to get mine done and a great little quilting pin. Sorry I didn't take a picture of that but if you check out Jen's blog I know she took a picture of me with my pin on. Oh our hostess Julie is the one in the front row far right. Ever since she became the owner of the Patched Works and made it such a friendly place to shop it seems Jen and I are always there. It's so very nice to walk into a shop where everyone who works there is so super friendly. Everyone needs a place where they can go and just feel comfortable and this is our place. We do our Strip Poker Wednesday nights there too.
I know these pictures are a little out of order but forgive me I'm new to putting the pictures on my blog site.
The first shop we went to after lunch is called Bits N Pieces. It's also a great shop where we're made to feel very much at home and very welcome. Last night while sitting with Jen, Murphy and Holly I decided that Murphy needs a small wall hanging of his own. I picked up this great dog print panel to make him one. I think it's going to be ever so cute. I'm going to use the small blue dot as a border and then use the small orange dot for the binding. I'm going to hang this infront of his feeding dishes so he doesn't have to look at a plain white wall when he eats. I told him about my plans last night and for some reason I think he totally understood what I was telling him because his little tail was just wagging away. I think small seasonal wallhangings are in his future.
While at the Patched Works in the seasonal area I came upon this great little panel that instantly caught my eye. It has 6 different blocks to the panel and the gingerbread people just called out to me. This is going to be my year of small wallhanging for holidays. I bought the red that goes with it for some sashing and the green for a small border and then for the binding I got the last piece and it's candy cane fabric. The picture just doesn't do this fabric justice so I'll be sure to post a picture when I'm done. I can't wait to start this but there are a few projects ahead of it so I'd better get sewing.
While we were out I picked up this pattern for a table runner. I've had my eyes on it for a while and then I remembered that I have a jelly roll of the fabric that is uses so it's high on the project list.
Last but not least is the challenge fabric from Patched Works that I mentioned before. It's just the cutest fabric with all kinds of different shoes on it. Once we make our block we need to make sure we take a picture and send it to Julie.
I guess that about wraps up my day. I've already had a little nap. Playing with your friends sure does wear a person out. I'd like to thank all my new friends for a great Saturday. Special thanks to Mike and Kelly at Hawg City for being such gracious hosts and serving us a fantastic lunch. Next thanks go out to Marla and Karen for letting us ramble around at Bit's N Pieces. And last but definetly not least to Julie at Patched Works and all her "quilty ladies" for making us feel so welcome. I know I had a great day and I'm sure everyone else did too. It was sad to see the big blue bus leave. I hope they all had a safe trip home and that they will come back again soon for another shopping trip. Special thanks go out to Michelle and Louie for putting this all together. Love to all and happy sewing ladies with all your purchases. Please send pictures.

6 comments:
Thank you, Cindy, for the fabulous birthday gifts....and for letting me use your potty! It was so good to see you and Jen, and thank you for helping guide us around the city. Hawg City was a great place to eat, and visit. It was a very good, but tiring day. We still need to take the van back today, but I think I need to wake up, first! We had so much fun!
I was trying to catch up on your blog. I've been lazy lately. You have been a busy little thing. I love your table runners. Very cute!! Can't wait to see all of the other projects that you have planned to make.
Kristie
Wow...it sounds like you have been busy too! I'm glad you had such a good time with Michelle and her group! I missed you guys but I had a great time at Lutherdale.
Maureen
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish i could have shared the day with you, but it's great to hear about it.
I am so glad that you gals had a great time!! Those table runners are too cute and I love the panel for Murphy's wall hanging! I think I need the pattern for the ornament table runner, too! It looks super easy!
Holly is going to be so jealous of his wall hanging. Hmmm, I'm going to have to think of how I can make one to attach to the cabinet door in front of her food. Maybe I should make a food mat instead. Mike will think I've lost my marbles either way.
Post a Comment