Monday, October 29, 2007

I got to sew in Jen's new Sewing Studio

Tonight I went to Jen's house to sew and we got to set up in her new Sewing Studio. The room isn't completely done yet but it's almost there. It was really fun being in that room. Jen has her Little Gracie all set up and she put a baby quilt on it. She took her Janome table and put it in the room and my " Maggie " got to sit down in a table. Wow was that a great way to sew. Now I know for sure that I'm going to start saving and someday I'll have a table like that. I was even able to use the knee lift since for once the machine was at the right height for me. We had a great night of sewing.

I got two of my BOM's done tonight. This first one is from the new Friday night BOM that just started. It turned out really nice but now I wish I hadn't followed the layout and put it in the color order that I wanted to.



This second one is the block for August from our original BOM at Franks. It was alot of fun to make and I changed some of the colors around.
I have one more block and then I can start assembling the quilt top. Anyway getting back to quilting with Jen. She had trouble at first getting her stitching down right and there were a few choice words that I learned tonight. I also learned not to comment on anything that she says and when she comments don't answer or ask anything. In the end the quilt turned out really nice but she's glad it's done.

I left my machine over there for the night and I know that by now it's getting a good work out.



5 comments:

Gina said...

I love the colours you are using in your BOM's.
I'm saving for a frame aswell but they are twice the price over here as in th US

love and hugs xxxx

Michelle said...

Yay! It sounds like you had a good time, and the new studio got it's maiden voyage. Your blocks look great!

Jen said...

Yeah, I was beyond frustrated at first. But, now that I know what the problem is, it's ok. And I'm NEVER again using Minkee for anything. My EYE is STILL bothering me!!

Maggie got to sleep last night; I didn't have the energy to do anything else!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had fun breaking in the new sewing studio. We all hit frustrating points sometimes. Glad Jen got it worked out.

Kristie said...

Love your BOM's, they are very pretty. Sounds like you had a great time sewing. I've been missing your posts.
Kristie