Sunday, October 7, 2007

I need a kick in the head

I just want the world to know that if I ever say again that I'm taking a computer class that I want all of you to bring me to my senses and for those of you who live close enough to me I want a good hard kick in the head.
I have spent the last 9 hours last night until after 3AM and another 4 hours two other nights and I'm still not done with my assignments for this week. I am almost done and I'm still having problems with one area where you have a formula for a discount and now you have to take that formula that is in the IF function and turn it into a formula that uses an absolute function. Now this is all greek to me and I'm so frustrated I could scream. Well, actually I did leave out a nice little scream last night to help clear the cob webs out of my head and it didn't help.
So far this weekend it's mainly about this stupid work and I really want and need some Cindy time. OK I needed to vent and now back to work. I'm subposed to be going to Franks today to sew and I need to get this done before I go. I really think the statement that says " you can't teach and old dog new tricks" is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Goodness Cindy, what level class are you taking? I teach beginning computer classes at our local Senior Center, and feel like I am pretty savvy on the basics of computers, and I can do Excel spreadsheets, which is what this sounds like it is, but I don't know how to do what you are talking about!!

Hope the sewing helped!!

Moneik said...

Wow you must be doing a pretty advanced course. I know what an Excel sheet is and that is about it. My Principles of Selling class is about half over. i had two quizzes and discussion posting to do today.

Jen said...

I tried to help her with her homework tonight but I wasn't much help either. Yikes, there was stuff in there that I've never dealt with or heard of and I'm pretty apt when it comes to Excel.