Monday, July 13, 2009

Apron, UFO Finish


Quite a while back I had the bright idea to use these fabrics to make another apron for work. I used all the charm squares I had and then realized that I still needed a pocket on the apron so the apron sat unfinished. I have this thing about having a pocket in everything. Another UFO in my stack of UFO's. A couple of weeks ago I was at Jen's and we were straightening out her sewing studio and she came across the fabrics that I had used in my apron in her scraps. She gathered them all together and told me to take them home and make a pocket so I could use that apron. It took me probably less than 5 minutes to add the pocket and declare the apron finished. It feels great to be finishing up UFO's and getting them out of my stash. One more down but many more to go.

Does anyone out there have a thing about pockets like I do? Maybe it was the era I was brought up in. You always had to have a hankie or a kleenex in your pocket just incase you needed it. I mean how could I use an apron that didn't have a pocket to hold a kleenex? What if I needed to sneeze or blow my nose and I reached for a kleenex and I didn't have one because I didn't have a pocket? What if I needed a place to put a pen and again I had no pocket. Life just isn't complete unless you have pockets...........

6 comments:

Jen said...

Dude...I think you have a pocket obsession. How did I know this about you?

The pocket turned out great.

piecesofpatti said...

Cute apron! I need pockets too! My grandma always kept a kleenex in her sleeve! That always bugged me! I need my pockets!

Moneik said...

The pocket looks great and I'm so glad you were able to get it done. My grandma always had a kleenex in her sleeve or her bra if she didn't have a pocket.

Linda Lee said...

Watching your aprons--gave me an idea!I wonder if there would be somehow to make an "apron type" cover that I could make to put on the backs of the chairs in my classroom! The students could have pencils etc. in the pocket and wouldn't have to open the desk as often because they forget something inside!!!

Or....even an apron the students could wear which would hold a pencil, eraser, and small box of crayons--could use camo for the boys-!!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Pockets are a necessity! Yeah...it might be the time period we grew up in. Not that we're old or anything....giggle!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

How funny I hate clothes that don't have pockets and my grandma always had a kleenex in her sleeve like Moneiks.

Heather