A couple of years ago I got all kinds of scraps from one of our MODA lines. I just couldn't throw them away so I took them and thought I could make something out of them. I decided on the Split Rail Fence block and got 19 blocks out of the scraps. The fabric was like I said from Moda and it was called "Peace On Earth. Then I was able to get my hands on a little more fabric so that I could add borders and make one more block. I finished hand sewing the binding on last night so it's another UFO finish. It's not huge by any means but it's going to look great over the back of the sofa during the holidays.
One night last week I was able to go over to Jen's and load the quilt on the frame. I did most of it myself with only a little technical advice from YODA. I then quilted it with only a couple of thread breaks doing a large stipple. It is actually getting easier each time I use the frame. I'm even getting somewhat relaxed while I'm quilting.



5 comments:
Love the quilt - the fabric is wonderful!
We don't hear from you for a while and then all of a sudden you are sewing like crazy! Good job!
I think it turned out great. No one would ever know that it was made from leftovers!
It looks great and it's so my kind of scrap quilt. I love them when they "match".
Thats awesome.. I'm so glad to see you back sewing like crazy!! Its beautiful
Post a Comment