Thursday, July 16, 2009

Holly's Wallhanging UFO Finished



Quite sometime ago I made a wallhanging for the wall infront of Murphy's dishes. I thought just because he's a dog doesn't mean he should stare at a blank wall while he eats dinner. I had purchased enough fabric and an extra panel and I kept promising my Granddog Holly that I would make her one too. So here we are years later and I came across her panel with the borders and the binding all cut and ready to go. Tonight I decided it was finally time to finish off this UFO. It just so happened that Holly was here with me tonight while I was sewing. I didn't quite get it done before she went home but I'll drop it off for her tomorrow night.

I think it turned out really cute and I even changed it from what Murphy's looked like. I decided to border Holly's in orange so that it would go with the quilt that her Mom, Jen has hanging on the wall in the kitchen. I even did free motion quilting on the wallhanging. Then when I was finished I wanted to personalize it just a little bit more so I decided to embroider by hand a special title on the top. So here it is and it's called "HOLLY'S DINER:. I think it turned out really neat and I can't wait to see it hanging on her wall.

5 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Very cute! Let us know how Holly likes it!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awwww! That's sweet....Holly's dinner will be so much better now! I love that fabric! You're really kicking it in high gear lately! You go, girl!

Jen said...

Oooo good thinking on the orange! She'll love it, I know it!! It turned out great.

Moneik said...

It turned out awesome and I know she will love it! What a great grandma!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I think its awesome! My kitties have special placemats and rugs that decorate their area!

Heather