Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cup Cake Placemats, Start to Finish



Back when we were on retreat in Ohio I was able to buy this great pattern in the quilt shop that Jill and Linda work at. I picked up great fabric to use for the frosting on the cupcakes at our shop last week. Monday night I started to make these great cupcakes for two of my Great Nieces, Cassidy and McKenzie. It's so much fun making things for little ones. The pattern was very easy to follow and I can't wait to make more of them to put aside for gifts and maybe even a table runner. I did some free motion quilting on the frosting part of the cupcake and it really brought it to life. Next up a little straight stitching down the lines in the cupcake paper. Last night I made the leaves and they were just to be tacked down but I thought since they are going to get so much use I'd just go ahead and sew them down, add a little stitching on the leaves and then instead of making a yo yo to be the cherry on top I had these great big red buttons that I sewed on. I just know these are going to bring smiles to my Great Niece's and of course they are totally washable.

7 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Those are so cute!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea! The kids will love them!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Very cute! You did a great job!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You're just rockin' the house down! Way to go! Even though you are making me look really bad on my lack of finishes.....hmmmmmm

Jennifer said...

Very cute! What a great present for a little girl!

Jen said...

They are sooo cute. You know, in the future we could probably quilt their names in on the frosting. I should make a few for birthdays. i think someone has one coming. Giggle.

Moneik said...

They are super cute! Great job on another finish Cindy.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

They look awesome I have been admiring that pattern for a while. Think that I might just have to order that and get some of those done while Keith is gone.