I wanted to stop in to let everyone know I'm still sewing up a storm. In the last week I made one quilt top from Turning Twenty Again. All it needs are it's borders and then the quilting and binding done. I picked up the border fabric yesterday now I just need to put it on. I also have been working really hard on one of my UFO's. This is ready to have the backing pieced and then I can put it on the frame and quilt away. I have the bindings made already for both quilts. I just keep on sewing as if I'm obsessed. The next project up is a scrap quilt which will be a first for me. As soon as I get the cutting directions I'm ready to cut and start piecing.
The picture is of the UFO done completely in Southwestern fabrics. I bought this fabric 10 years ago while on a trip to Arizona to visit my sister Karen. Jen and Mike were engaged and I knew I wanted to make them a quilt for a wedding present. They both liked Southwestern colors so I chose these to make an unconventional double wedding ring quilt. I had purchsed so much fabric that not only did I make the wedding quilt but I had tons left over. It sat in my stash for years and since my bedroom has a somewhat Southwestern theme I decided to use it for my quilt. The flying geese panels had been made and just sitting so the other night I dug it all out and didn't go to bed until the top was finished. I promise a picture when it's completed with quilting and it's binding attatched.



6 comments:
Way to go, Cindy! You're really doing great lately! WOW!
Finishes don't matter as long as you're sewing - that's all that does!
What time are you leaving for Frank's tomorrow?
Your quilt looks great, we'll get that puppy loaded and quilted in no time!
Good job, Cindy! I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!
Sounds like you are getting tons sewn! It looks great.
Very Nice!! You are obsessed if you force yourself to stay up to finish. Just a few more days and I will be doing the same every weekend.. are you ready for some weekend sew-ins?
Beautiful fabrics. I'm working on a southwest quilt for my son ~ most of the blocks are done.. now to get it finished up!
Post a Comment